Monday, September 21, 2009

My Response to Dinorah's Comment

Dinorah- Thanks for such specific feedback, it made me feel like you really thought about what I said in my post.

Your suggestion about using more evidence from books or websites, or even my own personal experience is helpful, I agree that it will allow me to expand my perspective. I also have noticed that my blog, in comparison to other blogs, has very few personal experiences that would benefit my arguments, I will remember that for my next post.

In your response to my question, "What can be done to avoid a totally technological society?" you said, "Not Much," I feel like this is a common answer that will come from most Americans because we all seem to have a 'go with the flow' sort of attitude and that sort of 'everybody else is doing it' response to the new technologies and we feel like we have to keep up with everything that is going digitally. Its easier to get sucked into the latest technology then rebel against it if one feels the need to be accepted in society.

Also in response to you answering my question, I personally would like to believe that there is something we can do, at least for ourselves to still be able to experience real and natural things instead of being stuck in front of a computer all day. I have more of an optimistic view of possibilities for the future. While you, simply say it cannot be done which may be a more realistic view of it because we are so easily amused by the latest digital product and it would be too difficult to prevent the world from getting addicted to new technologies.

We both seem to notice how the new technologies are becoming more like real life, like how you noticed about the Sims game you played as a kid. This is meaningful because with this we can predict what this will lead to.

Thanks, Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment