Thursday, November 12, 2009

Art Project- HW 21



(Lost time, Lack of phyiscal activity, no sleep, distraction)

Bert Brecht supposedly says, "Art is not a Mirror with which to reflect the World. It is a Hammer with which to shape it." I think my drawing is deffinately a mirror because it points out to the viewer what they lose when they spend hours on the computer. I'm not really sure if it is a hammer, I would like to think that it is, but I think it takes more than two pictures to shape someone. But it also depends on who sees it and how they interpret it. I think it is up to the viewer to determine whether the piece of art is a hammer or not. Determining whether the art is a mirror I think is easier to determine.

I think my art makes me "fink" or "theel" but I am coming from a very biased perspective. Personally, it makes me think about how I could spend my time more effectively, and what is really important, how do you define a good way of spending time, what is productive and what is a waste? Everything has its pros and cons but it seems as though we are influenced (especially recently) that spending time on the computer is a waste. This makes me feel guilty for spending so much time on the computer and it makes me want to take into consideration my other options of what to do with my spare time.

I think the most interesting aspect of making are is coming up with the idea. I had a hard time thinking of what to draw. I struggled with deciding the aspects of the digital unit I wanted to portray. I started to think about how we are in such a competative society we have to spend our spare time wisely, and I don't think that the majority of us generally do, including myself. That lead me into wanting showing what we lose when we use DRDs as much as we do and how we are at a disadvantage when we want to make progression in our own lives through my drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment