Monday, November 30, 2009

HW 26- Photos and Question




When I asked three people what they thought about their cool "look". The first response that I got was that they like the way they look and other people might not but that are confident in their own style. The other reaction that I got was that their look wasn't cool because they don't have the newest things or because their stype it isn't. Overall I got, "I dress how I wanna dress" (individuality).

I then asked what that thought of other people liking the way they look. They both said they like that they are approved by others. I then questioned if they are not approved. One said they would be self conscious and try to adapt to that opinion unless it is the opinion of someone they don't really care about. The other interviewee said as long as they like the way they look other people's opinion doesn't really matter to them. My last interviewee said "If they don't like my style, fuck off, I don't judge them so why judge me." On the contrary I believe we all judge people at least subconsciously, some people might just be more obvious about it. Thinking about the positive opinions, all three said are nice and they make you feel good because they give her confidence.

Finally, I asked them how it helps them in life/society being cool or looking cool. One interviewee said they get attention but then again "people don't really try to dig deeper or try to get to know you better because they're so stuck on appearance." The second girl I interviewed said that everyone has a different opinion about you. She says, but that "Doesn't mean I'm gonna go around shaping my look to what others want I dress the way I dress." These girls seem like pretty confident individuals.

No comments:

Post a Comment